I have been extremely lazy this week and have no new pictures of Alexa. Starting late last week I noticed that she had a few red bumps on her forehead and decided not to worry about unless it got worse. The rash spread across her face and down her neck over the past week and didn't seem to be getting better. Even though it didn't seem to be bothering her, it made me uncomfortable just looking at it. Yesterday afternoon I got all paranoid about it so I called her pediatrician and made an appointment. The doctor said the rash was something called milia and it is very normal for babies to get it. He asked if Natalia had gotten it, which she had not. After he left the room I told Jon that if Natalia had had it, I would not have needed to bring Alexa in because I would have known what it was. It should go away on its own in a few weeks and there is nothing that can be done to treat it.
The doctor was also suprised by how big Alexa is getting. Her naked weight last night was 11 pounds 4 ounces. She has gained almost 2 pounds since her last visit on February 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment